Wednesday 18 July 2012

The Bucket List Challenge


Now that I've reached the grand old age of twenty, I felt like I should make a bucket list. A list of things to do before I'm old and boring. (Or before I have to pay grown up bills, like mortgages, council tax and other rubbishy bits that you get landed with when you stop being a student.)

 
So. I mentioned this to friends over the past few days, and they were (more than) happy to suggest some things.


And to
double
triple
quadruple
dare me to get 'em all done.

I have 'til 18th July 2013 to do as many as is Rachily possible, and provide photographic evidence where possible.

1. Make a 10-tier cake.
2. Abseil down a 400m drop. (I'm allowed equipment, apparently. Yeah, generous.)
3. Ride a bicycle on the Great Wall of China, from one end to the other. (In addition, don't get arrested.)
4. Write, direct and film a short video about absolutely anything. It has to be funny, and I have to play all the parts. (I am doomed.)
5. Choose a national stereotype; then dress, act and speak like it for a day (i.e. Aussie, French, Irish...)
6. Go back to Laserquest. Don't go to A & E.
7. Go fishing. Barbecue whatever we catch right there on the beach.
8. Build a lego house big enough to fit a person.
9. Go to the driving range with my Dad. Hit past the 50yd mark without slicing or hooking (or whatever it's called.)
10. Mail at least fifty letters (this I can do!)
11. Make 1000 origami paper cranes. (Where am I supposed to put them all?!)
12. Give up tea for a month. (whimper)
13. Walk to Caerphilly from Bristol. Don't get lost.
14. Memorise The Highwayman (all of it), by Alfred Noyes.
15. Take a ride in a hot air balloon.
16. Feed fifty people in one sitting.
17. Climb 10 different trees.
18. Learn how to catch fish with your hands. And then do it.
19. Take a vow of silence for a week.
20. Go skydiving. Don't die.

Hmm. When I put all of that together, it looks pretty impossible. But... it also looks like fun. So...

Challenge accepted.

No comments:

Post a Comment