Thursday 14 November 2013

Let me introduce you to my new companion.









You will never guess what. 









Finished trying yet?






I
have
a
car.


Yep, that's right. Betcha didn't expect that!

An actual, bonafide, grownup car - not a model one, or a toy one, or even a picture of one. One that can drive me places! Hooray!

I was in Brizzle a few weeks ago, seeing people, being tackle-hugged, weeping all over the place at how beautiful my city is and how beautiful the people I love are and how beautiful life is (eh, I was in a weepy mood - and have no fear, I found time to drink tea and smile and that). And to pick up my new car.

Things that are amazing about said vehicle:

We were both made in 1992. (A good year all round, I say.)

It is bigger than Mum and Dad's car (which makes me feel smug).

It was a gift. From fantastically generous friends and I'm still fan-girling at how incredible God's timing (and theirs!) is.

It has a massive boot. No more asking poor friends and family to help me move!

Best thing of all? I was rooting around for nicknames, and was gazing thoughtfully (no, not blankly, with purpose) at the license plate, and found out something incredible.

My license plate starts K810.

K + 8 + 1 + 0 = K9.

Yeah, that's right. As in, the lovable robot dog from Doctor Who. 

SO. Meet my faithful metal companion. I'm hoping he'll be around for a long time to come.

True die-hard Whovians, please don't pummel me. I know it's not a perfect representation! ;)

And it has a calculator, an' it talks, an'... oh wait, that's the original. But my car is still pretty damn cool.

Now? Well, now all I have to do is learn to drive.

On it. Like a car bonnet.

Snicker.

Ok, ok, bad pun/rhyme. Over and out!



No comments:

Post a Comment